Saturday, March 15, 2008

Baby Shower: Butterfly Kisses

When my best friend Jolyn was due with her long-awaited first baby, I helped her throw a baby shower, complete with lots of butterflies and flowers.

We designed these invitations ourselves- I drew parts of it, used the computer for other designs, and with a little cutting and gluing, made it 3D.
 

We covered the tables in purple and white tablecloths. Each one had a centerpiece, made up of a flower pot and candy sprinkled around the table. Some had ceramic flower pots or metal pails with a candle and marbles inside. Some had a watering can with silk flowers. And some had metal flower pots with silk leaves and flowers I made from baby socks. And each place setting had a little white metal pail, filled with candy and adorned with a tag saying, "Thank you for coming!"


My mom baked and decorated the cake herself, using silk flowers and butterflies to embellish it.



We hung butterflies over the present table, balloons were spread all over the floor, and we put a sunny floral scene on the window. We played a BINGO game that I designed myself, and another memory game with a tray full of baby items. 


Jolyn loved the decor and was able to take much of it home to add to her daughter's nursery, which was decorated in the same theme!

No comments: