Monday, March 2, 2009

Baby Bump

Well, I will be 15 weeks tomorrow. I can't believe I even just typed those words. It seems so surreal. But this pregnancy is starting to get more and more real. Yesterday was a neat day for me as many people started to notice that my baby bump was beginning to show. As I mentioned before, I've put on 5 inches in my waistline. However, it seemed before that either people chose not to say anything or they assumed I'd always been that big. Yesterday was very different, though. It started just when church ended. A guy from my former youth group said (with much enthusiasm) "Wow! You're REALLY starting to show! It's pretty clear there's a baby in there!" While I didn't take it offensively at all, I was taken aback, though, because he was the first person to say anything remotely like that.

I was telling Jesse about it after church and he said, "Yeah. I've noticed too." I was surprised and said, "You just said the other day that it didn't look any different to you." He replied, "Well, it's changed since then." I just laughed it off.

Then, that night during evening church, my father-in-law leaned over to Jesse and remarked that he could see I was starting to get bigger. Jesse told him that I had indeed gained about 5 inches. And, shortly after that, one of our church elders walked by and said, "You're not going to have much of a lap pretty soon." I just laughed and replied, "Well, it's a good thing no one needs to sit on it then." As I was leaving church, he added, "Pretty soon you're going to be like my wife used to be, waddling down the aisles."

And, then at my aunt's house after church, Jesse was filling me in on what his dad had said earlier. A friend of our's was there and stopped to look at my belly and then just nodded in agreement.

I have to admit that these comments made me feel pretty good. I've wanted to be pregnant for SO LONG! And, one of the things I looked forward to the most was sporting my baby bump for all to see. Also, I've always been self-conscious of my weight, but being pregnant is a totally different story. Being bigger is something to be proud of. I'm not gaining weight. My baby's just get bigger. I am thrilled to be in my 2nd trimester and showing the world that I'm pregnant. I'm excited about everything that is to come!

In other baby news, I have ordered the furniture (mentioned in my previous post) for the nursery, and I have my next appointment Wednesday. That's really all that's new.

If you are interested in the rest of our life's happenings, check out my other blog: http://www.thepetersons07.blogspot.com, about our Valentine's Day weekend and Jesse's new band.

P.S. I'll try to post a picture soon. I've been REALLY bad about taking belly shots.

1 comment:

Mrs. Hammer said...

Yeah! I'm happy to hear you get to start enjoying the "look at me I'm pregnant" part. :)