Saturday, August 1, 2009

Cakes: Baby Showers

When one of my mom's coworkers was due to have a baby, just a week after me, we worked together to make a cake for her upcoming shower. She wanted a Jungle/Safari kind of theme, so this is what we came up with. My mom baked and iced the cake. We used toys for the animal figurines, cookie sticks and paper for the trees, and crumbled cake for the dirt. I helped ice the leaves around the edges of the cake, and I made the sign on top. I made up the poem for it, and then translated it (albeit roughly) in Spanish on the backside of the sign.




She had a 2nd shower on a different date, and we collaborated to make this cake for her that day. She did all of the baking and icing, while I did all of the fondant work. The rubber duckies on the smallest cake are made with candy melts and molds.

No comments: