
Friday, November 6, 2009
23rd Birthday: Oregon Duck Football
My husband turned 23 this past year, and wanted to have a game night at our house with all of our friends. I decided to make it an Oregon Duck football theme. The Oregon Ducks are our local college team, and being that we live in the hometown of this university, being an Oregon Duck fan is a BIG DEAL around here. Jesse is a huge fan, so I thought it was only fitting. To decorate, I used green and yellow (team colors) wrapping paper to cover the table tops. I used streamers to adorn the ceiling, hung a birthday banner, and even had a football pinata. I had a sign on the front door, and then used football-themed party plates and platters. Most of these came from Party City. Jesse wanted his cake to be of the Oregon Duck football field. So, my mom baked and iced a cake in the shape of an "O", with the stripes in the colors of the field lines. To add an extra touch, I printed out a picture from google of our very own Autzen Stadium as well as a picture of our team's quarterback. We had lots of board games and RockBand being played all around the room, and I asked all of our friends to dress in Oregon Duck gear/colors.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment