Thursday, February 2, 2012

All the Single Ladies- Pt. 2

Nothing came of this a year and half ago, but I believe that God will bring about the right person in His right timing. And whenever that happens, some very lucky girl is going to meet the Mr. Right that God has for her and it'll be with my brother.

Kelly from Kelly's Korner does a weekly "Show Us Your Life" post. She has a heart, especially, for connecting with single girls and with couples waiting for a baby while going through infertility, because Kelly herself waited many years for God to bring her a husband and 2 beautiful baby girls. So, this week, Kelly's "Show Us Your Life" is a chance for us to show off the single guys and gals in our lives. So far, 4 couples have gotten married through these previous posts and 5 couples are seriously dating. Who knows, we'll see how many more matches will be made in blogging Heaven.

So, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to brag on my "baby" brother.

David just turned 26 years old. In fact, his birthday is today (Thursday)! We're only 14 months apart and the only two kids, so we grew up as peers- sometimes that meant playfully laughing together and sometimes that meant yelling at each other and crying (usually both occurring within minutes of each other!).
 

And, when it comes to the genetic DNA pool, I think that God decided we each got all or none of the personality traits because we are SO different! He got all of the personality and sense of humor, and I got all of the brains and wickedly good looks. Ha! See? I do have a sense of humor!

So, let's see how I can more accurately describe my brother:

He's extremely sarcastic and makes a joke out of pretty much anything. He tends to be pretty uncensored, sharing exactly what's on his mind, but most often just to be funny. And it works, because most people would agree that he's the funniest person they know. 
   

He tries to be all tough, but he's really just a big ol' teddy bear! 


The truth is: he loves God and he loves people.

Without having my dad around much of my life and throughout my teenage years, David stepped in as my protector. He was infamous for saying, "Don't touch my sister!" 
At 16 years old, I didn't like this too much, but deep down it was because he cared... even if he denies that now. 

He's a total momma's boy too, but not in a creepy kind of way. 

They say that the way a guy treats his mom is often a pretty good indicator of how he will treat his wife. In this case, his future wife is one pretty lucky lady because David has the utmost respect and love for our mom. 

Outside of his family, David's interests include being somewhat of a movie buff, listening to music of pretty much any genre (seriously! from the soundtrack of Sweeney Todd to House of Heroes), hanging out with his favorite sister, her family, and our mom, spending time with the guys playing poker, video games, camping, or shooting pool, and most recently working out and becoming healthier. 
(That's a leaf-blower!)

In the past years, David has gotten into playing the guitar. He began teaching himself with a horrible rendition of "Jingle Bells" that went on forever, and he got a few lessons from friends along the way. He actually formed a band with a few friends called "Five Minute Decision" because that's how long it took them to come up with the name. They played for our church and put on a few concerts before a few of the guys moved away and the band split. You can listen to them on MySpace, though.

Last September, David moved to New Mexico and then to El Paso, TX where my dad lived in order to take classes and become certified as an EMT Basic. He moved back after a year. After all, he can't be gone from us for THAT long!!! He's currently working with my husband in a fabrication shop for friction material (not too interesting, but he does have a job!). 

And, I can tell you that his sister missed him very much and is glad he came back home!
 

David is a fabulous uncle to my 2 boys (Josiah who is 2 1/2 and Micah who is 3 months old). 
   
And he desires, more than most anything else in this world, to find the girl God has for him and have a family of his own. He's downright a hopeless romantic! And, in a society where it's rare, is still saving himself for his future wife.

He's currently volunteering in his church, teaching the teenagers on Sunday mornings part-time. His desire is to be really REAL with the teens, addressing their hard-to-answer questions about God and admitting to them that he may not have all of the answers or that some things are hard to understand. But, regardless of their question, he wants to point them to the truth of a God who loves us and redeemed us from a life of sin- a truth  that David has experienced personally his entire life. I've watched David's heart soften even more and desire to serve God genuinely in the past year, especially. 

There's so much more I could say, but it doesn't fully encompass everything I'd love to say about my brother. I mean, the kid can cook, do his own laundry, and even crochet. Seriously! He made his own beanie!
Now, he's not perfect! I'll be the first to tell you that, as we do disagree or even downright fight sometimes. He's a real person with real flaws, but I do believe God is creating him to be the Mr. Right for someone really special. And I look forward to seeing how God answers his prayers and brings me the sister I've never had. It may not come in the form of a reader of this blog, but I do believe that somewhere in this world (hopefully not too far away!) God is working in the heart of his future wife and creating her to be his other half.

13 comments:

Sarah said...

You should check out my daughter. They might enjoy talking and getting to know each other. I posted about her on my blog at blessedgrammyof4.blogspot.com

Em said...

Your brother seems like a great guy and a lot of fun! I'm #77 and my blog is Walkingthroughmydesert.blogspot.com. :) you seem like a great sister to your brother!

Jill aka neeuqpmats said...

Yea! Finally someone from the North west!! This is me and my cousin Jennifer was kind enough to post it for me.

http://jjltwjohnson2003.blogspot.com/2012/02/show-us-your-single-link-jill.html

Em said...

Oops...looks like I'm #75 not #77. Lol :)

Suze said...

Interested :)

Meg said...

Interested.

Jenna Renee said...

How does he feel about women with kids? Or I should say, kid.

Elissa said...

He seems like a potential fit for my dear friend...#184 on Kelly's list.

Kim said...

Check out my sweet CHRISTIAN friend Debbie debedoda7020@yahoo.com or you can read about her www.kandsahrens.blogspot.com

J-Designer said...

He sounds like a really fun guy!!! He can read about me on my blog - www.j-designersatelier.blogspot.com

Brittney said...

What a loving sister you are - your brother is so blessed to have you!!! I love this great post about him. Best wishes with this and I'll be praying he meets his soulmate very soon:)

Krista said...

He seems like a lot of fun! I did a post about my friend Jen, were in the Pacific Northwest too

http://bklhome.blogspot.com/2012/02/coming-out-of-blog-hiding.html

Hayley said...

Your brother is really cute! It sounds like we have some things in common and I also live in Oregon. Feel free to email me at hayley.fields@gmail.com. :)