Saturday, March 28, 2009

Feeling Flutters

Now I know I felt the baby move for sure! On Wednesday, I kept feeling like a tickling on my stomach. It feels like when someone ever-so-slightly rubs your arm or even if a hair or string tickles your skin. It's just in my belly on the inside. I didn't notice at first. I just noticed that it tickled and I'd go to rub it or scratch it. But I was feeling it all day long. Then, while I was working in the coffee shop, I was leaning against the counter where my belly was pressed against it. I was writing something so my arms were the only part of my body that were moving at all. And, I felt it again. I just KNEW it had to be the baby. I still felt it all through the rest of the day and even felt it again yesterday (although not as much). I have yet to feel it today but I've only been up for about an hour. It didn't feel like bubbles or butterflies to me yet, but I guess you could relate it to the tiniest of bubbles (maybe from a caffeinated beverage) popping- just not the big bubbles I imagined. And I'm sure that as it gets stronger, it would feel more like those things. It was exciting for me- a big milestone moment- but I look even more forward to when Jesse will be able to feel it too. For the longest time, the pregnancy is something I experience internally, and while he can see the outward effect, he doesn't get to participate much with me. To engage him in the pregnancy, I tell him about all of the development that is taking place and I tell him about what I experience and we pray together and make decisions together concerning our baby, but it's not yet a tangible thing for him. He has been rubbing my belly more often lately and makes more comments about its growing size- I do think that's one way for him to experience it tangibly. He even remarked to me yesterday about how it's much rounder and described the shape of it compared to what it used to be. I'm glad that he can see it and seems to enjoy seeing me get more and more pregnant. I think it hits home more that in only 5 short months, we will have a baby in our arms.

AND in only 5 short DAYS, we will find out if that baby will be a boy or girl. We are VERY excited about that! If you haven't put in your vote, you better hurry or you'll run out of time! I'd still like to announce it in a creative way to everyone, but I'm thinking we'll probably just blurt it out.

I don't think much else has happened on the baby side of things since I last posted. I did forget to mention that I was checking out this lady at the register in the hospital cafeteria last week and she said, "You are on your feet too much. You shouldn't be on your feet so much. You need a stool to sit on. I'm going to bring you a stool!" I don't remember this being the same lady who said, "WHEN are you due?!" who must think I'm like 9 months pregnant, but I'm sure that her remarks were concerning me being pregnant. When I told my boss, she said that they could get me a stool if I needed it. I told her that honestly I'm totally fine right now, but that she might ask me again in 3 months how I feel. By the way, the lady hasn't brought me a stool yet, but the real significance in my mind was that it was another comment from a stranger acknowledging my pregnancy. I think I'm still at a slightly weird phase where everyone who knows I'm pregnant can DEFINITELY tell that I am showing, but I still wonder what people who don't know think. It seems that some can tell and some are clueless and I'm sure the rest are too afraid to ask. I know that it does depend on what I'm wearing or how I'm standing, etc. but it makes me wonder how many people really can tell. I'd post another more recent picture, but I don't think much has changed since the last one I posted. Maybe I should do another one anyways, just to compare.

Anyways, rather than babbling on, I will go, but there are a lot of other things going on in my life that I plan on writing about on my other blog. Hopefully, I'll have something posted by the end of the day.

P.S. I was able to record the heartbeat and upload it to my computer, but it hasn't been working in blogger. I'll try again later!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!!

Natural Childbirth & C-Section Recovery Kits and Products
www.TheRecoveryKit.com

Recover faster so that you can focus on what truly matters...baby!!!

New customers receive a 20% discount with coupon code: new20off