Saturday, October 17, 2009

Exposed

For the past two weeks I have been watching my cousin's two kids, Jaydon and Zoe. They are the ones I lived with for a year before I got married, and are now 6 and 7 years old. My mom just called me to say that the younger of the two has been diagnosed with swine flu (or the H1N1 virus, if you want to be politically correct). Yesterday, she started having some symptoms so her mom called the doctor and they diagnosed her over the phone. Now, the doctors aren't testing patients anymore to avoid having them expose everyone in the clinic or hospital. So they are just making a blanket diagnosis which could mean she just has the season flu instead. But that is the diagnosis nonetheless. Jesse and I both just received our season flu and swine flu shots last week to make sure that we protected Josiah from exposure, but my mom said that they may take up to 2 weeks to be effective. So, with Zoe being in our house for the past week (Tuesday through Thursday), she has exposed everyone in our family. I'm not so worried about Jesse or myself, as we are healthy adults and could probably get over it easily, but I KNOW that Zoe has been in Josiah's face and touched him. At this point, it's too late. He's already been exposed, and honestly, that scares me because I can't do anything to protect him anymore. We're going to disinfect our house and be careful about who we're around and how we interact with people. But please pray, especially for Josiah. As his mom, my heart fears for his safety and health. I know that God is the "Great Physician" and the only One who can control the circumstances. So, I ask that you lift up my baby and pray for his health. Thanks.

4 comments:

Brittney said...

I'll be praying for your precious little boy. I'm so sorry - how scary!! But it's good to remember that God is in control.

Heavenly Father, please wrap your loving arms around Josiah and protect him from any harm.

Have a good weekend and try not to worry too much. ((HUGS))

Jill said...

Praying for your baby boy.

((hugs))

Mrs. Hammer said...

I will keep you ALL in my prayers. {{{HUGS}}} p.s I have an award for you on my blog.

Loren said...

Thank you for checking in on me. I can't tell you how good it makes me feel to now you care. I have pulled back alot from my blog. I dont have one specific reason as much as alot of little reasons. Much of my family discovered my blog and had strong opinions on what I had to say. I wasn't to happy with them reading it, but what can I do?! I'm trying to live childless for the time being and do my best not to think about infertility, so blogging about it everday has become something i'm not intrested in doing. Im just making it in this world day by day and I hope to begin blogging more about my life in the future. Keep in touch. -Loren