Friday, July 23, 2010

Post 8/30: What a Slacker!


Gosh! I totally flaked out on my blogging for the last few days! I've thought about it everyday and just put it off because I was waiting to have pictures of the topics I wanted to cover. But then I didn't have the pictures and put it off until it was too late and the day was already over.

To catch up, I spent the morning today getting ready for my best friend Jolyn's 23rd birthday party. We're having a small gathering of the girls with no babies. My mom made cupcakes and a small cake, so this morning I decorated them all. They look very "homemade", but I think they're cute enough.

   

I made cupcake toppers on my computer- a new craft project I just started doing after making a lot of them for Josiah's upcoming party.

(I printed the middle circles using Microsoft Word on my computer. The pictures just came from google. My mom and I bought this paper punch from Ben Franklin Crafts, which I now LOVE. I used scrapbooking paper that I already owned and punched out the shapes. Glued on the circles and then glued to small Popsicle sticks that I cut in half.)

I then decorated my house with party supplies and balloons. We're planning on hanging out, eating pizza, playing games, and maybe going to see Twilight. Lots of fun with really good friends!
    

I'll have more pictures later when everyone gets here and we actually start doing something. :-)

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Wow - great job!! Everything looks so beautiful:) Jolyn is lucky to have such a sweet friend.

Marcia (123 blog) said...

You are SUCH a wonderful friend! I love how you take the time to SHOW your friends how much they mean to you. Seriously love it!

My prayer is that all the things you sow to other people will come back to you 100-fold!

P.S. And I love everything! All the details, cakes, cake toppers, everything!