Saturday, August 14, 2010

Cake: Grandma Shower

A few weeks ago, we had a small baby shower for the grandma-to-be. This grandma-to-be happens to be a coworker of my mom's, and even though there had already been a big shower for the mommy-to-be, her coworkers thought it'd be nice to celebrate with the grandma alone. It was a VERY small shower with only 7 adults (both men and women) and 1 baby, held at a local restaurant. There was cake, a couple of gifts, some balloons, and a bouquet of flowers which made up the festivities. My mom and I, as we often do, collaborated on the cake. She's had many years of experience in baking cakes, and I, more recently, use my creative skills to help decorate the cake. This was our cake for the shower. She baked and iced it. I made the blanket, teddy bear, bow, and diaper out of fondant, and then I painted the sign.
    

No comments: