Saturday, August 7, 2010

Gift: Custom Onesies and Frames

The little girl I was doing daycare for, Madison, happens to be just 2 1/2 weeks older than my own son. To celebrate her birthday, I decided to make her a few gifts. I don't have a little girl of my own, so it was fun to make something so girly!

I made two picture frames and used pictures of Madison that I had taken the previous week. 


The first was made by taking a wooden frame bought from Michael's for only $1-2 and painting it white, and then using a transparent sheet with colored stripes that came from the scrapbooking section and gluing that over the top. Of course, I had to cut out the hole where the picture would go. I matted the picture in hot pink scrapbooking paper. And then I used wooden cutout letters that I pained and an iron-on cupcake applique to adorn the frame.

The 2nd frame was also bought from Michael's, which I painted white with colored polka dots. I tied a ribbon bow, and then I also added some more cupcake appliques to coordinate all of the pieces. 

Finally, I bought a little pink tutu from a boutique in town as well as some coordinating onesies. I took the white onesie and iron-on matching cupcake appliques and then used fabric paint to write out "Lil Cupcake".


Here's Madison a few days later wearing her cute little girly outfit!

No comments: