Thursday, October 14, 2010

Appalled!!!

Jesse has been struggling in his math class so I posted an ad on Craigslist for a tutor. We received many responses by some very seemingly well-qualified people including an unemployed psychology professor who has done some recent tutoring jobs. However, Jesse ended up going to see an advisor yesterday at school and switching his major. With his new major (paramedic and firefighting), he would not need the current math class. So he decided to go back to his previous math class and attempt to improve his grade. Therefore, I emailed everyone who had responded and told them that we no longer needed them at this time.

"We appreciate all of the responses to our ad. There were so many people who seemed extremely skilled to give my husband the help he needed. But after talking to his counselor, he decided to switch majors, drop the math 111 class and retake the math 95 class. I think that he will do well in this class, but if a need for a tutor arises, I will save all of your contact information and be in touch again. Thank you again. ~Mandy"

I immediately received a response back from the psychology professor who said (without editing):

"Dear Ms. Peterson,It was extremely inappropriate to non-consensually share each person's email with many random others. You are a total fucking moron and I suspect that Mr. Peterson, a student at UO (Lane?) will soon be needing a tutor for Math 95.I am at your service.

Best regards,

Dr. Frisch"

They also attached a site linked to their blog where they publicly heckle people, including me as their most recent post.

I responded:

"It was totally unintentional to share everyone's email addresses. I wrote them in the CC thinking it was hiding them. I apologize for that but your behavior is absolutely uncalled for. What a jerk you are!"

They said:

"what a jerk i am indeed. thx 4 noticing!"

I then wrote everyone else and apologized for the mistake. However, there are not words to describe how appalled I am that a grown adult- a professor with a doctorate degree- would respond to someone. I'm shaking in shock!

I googled this person and found that there are whole websites about what a terrible person she is. Her backstory is legit, but she has numerous lawsuits and FBI investigations against her for harassment and causing public disturbances, as well as verbally attacking whole organizations and groups of people, mocking disabled people, children, global tragedies, and murder victims. Here is a link to it all: http://debfrischtimeline.blogspot.com/

There was another irritating thing that occurred just before this, but it seems so insignificant compared to this whole matter! Good Lord! What is with some people?!?!

1 comment:

Brittney said...

That is terrible - sounds like this person was having a bad day and decided to take it out on you - not cool and I agree, completely uncalled for. You didn't deserve such HORRIBLE treatment. I thought your response was very classy, though - I liked that you didn't sink to her level:) Best wishes with Jesse's education!