#5 My Siblings...
I technically have 3 siblings if you consider my stepbrother that I've met once in my entire life and my half-sister who I have no relationship with. But my brother David is really the only one I consider my sibling when asked about it.
I wrote all about him on this post and decided that it was best to just copy and paste that one with a few additions.
David is 24 years old. We're only 14 months apart and the only two kids, so we grew up as peers- sometimes that meant playfully laughing together and sometimes that meant yelling at each other and crying (usually both occurring within minutes of each other!). He knows exactly how to push my buttons and how to make me laugh one sentence right after the other.

And, when it comes to the genetic DNA pool, I think that God decided we each got all or none of the personality traits because we are SO different! He got all of the personality and sense of humor, and I got all of the brains and wickedly good looks. Ha! See? I do have a sense of humor!

So, let's see how I can more accurately describe my brother:
He's extremely sarcastic and makes a joke out of pretty much anything. He tends to be pretty uncensored, sharing exactly what's on his mind, but most often just to be funny. And it works, because most people would agree that he's the funniest person they know. His lack of tact gets him into trouble a lot on Facebook because people he doesn't know read his comments and don't realize that he's being sarcastic. However, if you just know to NEVER take anything he says seriously, then you'll probably avoid any misunderstanding, although I can't guarantee it'll help you know what he's talking about.

He tries to be all tough, but he's really just a big ol' teddy bear! And he thinks that Josiah is one of the coolest kids ever. In fact, the other day I texted him and asked if he was coming over, saying, "You know you wanna!!!" and he said, "Meh. Only cuz you popped out that cute kid."

Without having my dad around much of my life and throughout my teenage years, David stepped in as my protector. He was infamous for saying, "Don't touch my sister!"

At 16 years old, I didn't like this too much, but deep down it was because he cared... even if he denies that now.

He's a total momma's boy too, but not in a creepy kind of way.... well, most of the time. On a funny side note, David has been mistaken as both mine and my mom's boyfriend. In addition, my mom has also been mistaken as both David's and my girlfriend. Weird!


They say that the way a guy treats his mom is often a pretty good indicator of how he will treat his wife. In this case, his future wife is one pretty lucky lady because David has the utmost respect and love for our mom. Speaking of his future wife, the kid needs one soon. He's been waiting a long time and I only want the best for him. It's a pretty high standard.
Outside of his family, David's interests include movies and TV shows (mostly comedies like "Arrested Development" and "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" or any Will Farrell movie), music of pretty much any genre (although together, we both love 90's music), and spending time with the guys playing video games, camping, or shooting pool.

(That's a leaf-blower!)
In the past years, David has gotten into playing the guitar. He began teaching himself with a horrible rendition of "Jingle Bells" that went on forever, and he got a few lessons from friends along the way. He actually formed a band with a few friends called "Five Minute Decision" because that's how long it took them to come up with the name. They played for our church and put on a few concerts before a few of the guys moved away and the band split. You can listen to them on MySpace, though.

Last September, David moved to New Mexico and then to El Paso, TX where my dad lived in order to take classes and become certified as an EMT Basic and then Intermediate. He was there working at an ambulance station as an EMT while he finishes his Intermediate certification. He just moved back almost 3 weeks ago. After all, he can't be gone from us for THAT long!!!
And, I can tell you that his sister missed him very much and is glad he came home!... Well, most of the time anyway.



No comments:
Post a Comment