Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Challenge Day #8

#8: A Place I've Traveled to...

My travels since digital cameras became commonplace have actually been quite limited. So, in order to showcase some of my more "extravagant" (a word which I use loosely) trips, I'd have to scan in pictures, which is not really worth it to me. Therefore, I will post about my trip to Wildlife Safari from a few years ago. A few hours from my house is a town in Oregon where they have a wildlife park. The animals are sectioned off in different fenced in areas, but are free to roam around within the areas. You stay in your car and drive through each section. You're able to roll down your windows, and, if you're lucky enough, an animal might walk right up to your car. The lions and other big cats are behind fences or bars since they are simply too dangerous, and while you're able to drive through the bears, you are unable to stop and your windows must be rolled up. Otherwise, you can take your time and hang out in each section as long as you like. When we went through, we were able to go through a 2nd time too. Afterwards, you can park your car and go into another section where they have a restaurant where you can see monkeys swinging out the windows, gift shops, and a petting zoo. I had a blast! Better than any zoo! 

           

No comments: