#9: A Picture (or 17) of My Friends...
My BFF for the last 3 years has been Jolyn. She's 2 1/2 years younger than me and despite knowing each other for 10 years now, it took nearly 7 of those years for us to realize how much we loved each other. Jolyn has experienced more in her 23 years than most people do in an entire lifetime. She is such a strong woman and means the world to me. She is 100% supportive of everything in my life, always encouraging me and telling me how great I am. We joke that our relationship is entirely one-sided, but she does more for me than she ever knows. She's there for me when I need to cry and there for me when I need to laugh.
Around the beginning of this year, God opened up our hearts towards each other and brought Katelyn in as a good friend to me. We met at church 10 years ago when Katelyn was 10 and I was 15. For most of our teenage years, there was such a huge age gap between us that we had nothing in common. But, as adults, we've been able to build a friendship and have become pretty close over the last year. I think we came into each other's lives at just the right time when both of us were really needing friendships.

And because Jolyn and Katelyn have always been good friends, even since childhood, it was natural for the 3 of us to become really close.

Melissa came into my life about 6 years ago when she got engaged to my friend Camron. But over the years, Melissa has become my friend apart from my relationship with Camron. Melissa is sarcastic and crafty and funny and fashionable and musically talented all rolled up into one beautiful person. She's a hard person to read and doesn't open up easily, but once she lets you in, you meet a whole other side to her that's definitely worth knowing.

I met Melissa's SIL, Randi, before I ever knew anything about Melissa, back when she was just Camron's little sister who was in middle school. Now that Camron and Melissa are married, Randi has become Melissa's very best friend, and that means that when we all hang out, we have the pleasure of getting to know Randi more and more. She's wild and crazy and loads of fun.

And, finally, there's Becky who I met when she began dating and then married my friend Andrew. Becky and I are just beginning to get to know each other after we've shared mutual friends for years. And when the 6 of us are together, it's craziness, usually consisting of SingStar (a karaoke video game), board games, Telepictionary, bowling, dinner at Mexican restaurants, or pedicures.... and always lots of laughter!



No comments:
Post a Comment