#14: A Picture I Love...

I adore this picture! It represents so much of what makes me happy. I prayed so long for God to bring me a husband, and I prayed so long for it to be Jesse. I loved my wedding. I planned every detail and executed it with those closest to me. I was surrounded by everyone that mattered, with my friends at my side and my family cheering us on. I can't even tell you how many people commented that the ceremony had "Mandy" written all over it. If I did it all over again today, I may change some of the roles of the wedding party as our friends have changed over time, but the basic details would be much the same.
Jesse and I have been through a lot lately, but we know that we want to be married and that we want it to be to each other and no one else. We began our first counseling session this week, and our homework is all about expressing love and appreciation to each other. Marriage is not easy and love is a choice, but we are choosing to love each other day by day. And this picture represents all that I hoped for, all that I've received, and all that I choose to hold onto.
No comments:
Post a Comment