Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Challenge Day #18

#18: Something I Regret...

This regret occurred just this week when I opened my big fat mouth and said something I shouldn't have. I told a kid something they weren't supposed to know- something serious concerning legal matters and ethical issues they are in the midst of. Unfortunately, I can't really share the details since the situation is currently going on, but it's a big deal. I had to apologize profusely to the foster parent of this teenager, who happens to be my father-in-law. I felt terrible- like I had opened up a big can of worms I couldn't take back. I don't know what's going to happen, and I hope it all works out alright. And I guess that should teach me to be careful about what I say. No wonder God says to be "slow to speak" and warns against the dangers of our tongues!

No comments: