Sunday, February 27, 2011

Baby Shower: John Deere

One of my friends from college was throwing a baby shower for her expectant sister in February of this year. They wanted a John Deere themed shower for about 50 people on a small budget. So, I helped them to find items inexpensively and designed my own elements of the party to create the look we wanted.

As guests entered the door, they were greeted with this sign I made:

The room was decorated in yellow and green tablecloths, streamers, balloons, and simple country centerpieces.

We used silk flowers, mason jars, and bandannas to make the centerpieces:
 

 

I created a banner using scrapbooking paper, my computer, and curling ribbon to welcome baby Oliver:

I designed this sign and actually made the burpcloth for the guest of honor, and used the two to decorate the present table:

The food table was decorated with another sign I made, and cowboy hats and boots:

All of the food and drinks were labeled with these signs I made, and we chose food that fit the country theme:
 

I made this bib (to go with the burpcloth) and the washcloths on each side (to go with a hooded towel I made), which decorated the clothesline hanging from the wall:

And I designed this diaper cake, wrapping the diapers in ribbon and fabric, sitting on the hooded towel I made:


The shower was so much fun and turned out better than I could've imagined!

Baby Oliver arrived a few weeks later. Here he is, oh so adorable!, at his aunt's baby shower a few months later:

No comments: