Monday, February 14, 2011

A Little Bit of Love

A Bit of My Artwork
4 years and 2 days ago, Jesse asked me to marry him. In honor of Valentine's Day, I wanted to share a few pictures from that fateful day.

We spent the day at the coast (both of our favorite places to be). We decided to do things we'd never done before and spent the day in some corny museums like Ripley's Believe it or Not and the Oregon Coast Aquarium. We had a quick lunch and started to drive to Florence (a coastal town closer to home), but we really wanted to see the sunset on the beach. So, we drove back a few miles to Seal Rock, a beach filled with giant boulders that Jesse had been to as a kid.

As we watched the sun set, Jesse talked me about how far we'd come over the past few years (from falling in love to breaking up to deciding to get back together). He said that the next step was for us to get married, but he needed to ask me one question first. He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. My response was "ABSOLUTELY!" We hugged, kissed, took pictures, and then prayed together, dedicating our wedding planning and marriage to God. We prayed that our love would always be a testimony to others of God's love for us. We prayed for God to teach us how to love each other the way he designed marriage to be.

This is us the day of, before the big question:
Engaged: February 12, 2007

Just after he asked:
Just engaged!

It's completely overexposed, but here is a picture of my ring.
With this ring...

The sunset:
The sunset that he proposed to me at

I wish the pictures were better, but I had a blast that day and love the story of us. I'm so thankful for where God has brought us and what he is doing in our lives. We've had rocky patches throughout the years, but we feel as certain today as that day that Jesse is the one God intended for me to marry. I love him and I'm excited  to see what the future holds.

Praying that you feel lots of love today as well.

We're playing it low-key, but definitely having dinner at my favorite restaurant and maybe a movie too... :-)

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Aww, such a sweet story. Sounds like the perfect day!! I bet your love is indeed a testimony of love to others...and will especially be to Josiah as he grows older;)