Wednesday, March 16, 2011

6 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 6 Weeks
Size of baby: a lentil bean
Total Weight Gain/Loss: unsure, probably nothing at this point
Maternity Clothes: My jeans are getting really tight on me and not so comfortable, since there wasn't much room to spare anyways. So, pulling out my old maternity pants is a sigh of relief. Otherwise, I wear yoga pants and all of my regular shirts. I do like to put on anything that I think makes me look more pregnant.
Gender: We won't know until probably June
Movement: Well, I feel tickles all of the time, which is impossible if I really am 6 weeks. I've read that this can be round ligament stretching. Even though it seems odd, I'm choosing to believe that's what it is rather than me being further along.
Sleep: Is already more difficult. I don't know that I've gotten a good night's sleep in YEARS! I'm already sleeping with a million pillows to avoid heartburn and getting up several times a night to pee. Throw in a toddler who sometimes wakes in the middle of the night and ends up in our bed, only to toss and turn and kick me in the head, and I don't sleep all that well!
What I miss: Nothing. I still feel really normal and there's nothing I can't do right now that I wish I could.
Cravings: Spicy food. I try to find the spiciest thing I can wherever I go to eat.
Symptoms: Heartburn when I lay down, a little bit of gagging or turned stomach when something gross comes along, and a tiny little pooch in my lower stomach.

Best Moment this week: I bought my first package of diapers, wipes, and a new onesie for the baby. 

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Aww, I just love reading pregnancy posts! Glad you're still feeling pretty good (aside from the lack of sleep and heartburn - those are no fun;()

Bet you're on pins and needles waiting for your first ultrasound!! It'll be here before you know it.