- Hate Mail- I got an anonymous, type-written letter in my mailbox at my house last Monday. It was addressed to my family on the envelope, postmarked through the town next to mine 3 days earlier, and had no other return address or signature. The letter went on to say that the sender is appalled that 2 grown, healthy adults are choosing to live on government assistance, how we are equal to a parent who chooses drugs over their child, how the sender has to work twice as hard to support their family and mine, how we are the cause of America's debt, and that we should not have kids if we cannot afford to support 100% of their needs on our own. So, somehow this person had to find out that we are on government assistance, either from knowing me personally, reading my blog, or a leak of information at the government offices. Either it doesn't matter to them or they are unaware that the only assistance we receive is $40 towards our groceries each month (which just went up from $28 a month in Feb.) and that Josiah gets free medical care (although we paid out of pocket for everything before Jan.). I guess it also doesn't matter that Jesse and I both work, are both trying to constantly better our financial situation, and that we both pay taxes that fund the very assistance programs we are using. We've also never lied about our finances to the government, never manipulated the system. We are utilizing the programs just as they are intended to be used. I suppose there is a possibility that it is someone I don't know- if the information was leaked at the government office or if someone just read my blog and googled my personal information. But, I believe that it is much more likely that it is someone I know, and probably someone that I have considered a friend or family member, because I don't make a habit of keeping people who hate me around. It's hurtful that someone I know personally would take the time to sit down at their computer and write such hateful things, and then address the envelope and send it as well. They could've talked to me personally about their opinions and allowed me the chance to respond privately. Or they could just mind their own stinkin' business and leave my family alone. They were a coward, though, and chose to say all of this without even letting me know who they are, but for some reason (assuming they are someone I know) still want to continue some level of friendship or communication with me because they don't want me to know that it's them. I'm trying to not let it get to me and move on. It'd be difficult to trace the origins of the letter. So without that information, what's the point in dwelling on it?
- STOMP! To follow up bad thoughts with good ones, Jesse and I are going to see Stomp perform tonight in Portland. I've wanted to see them since I was pretty young, and I finally got tickets for part of my Christmas present. Here is a video, in case you don't know who they are:
- Coffee Cozies- I'm up to my eyeballs in coffee cozies! I'm so close to having every single one that I have in stock made up and done with! For every 1/4 yard of fabric I buy, I can make 5-6 coffee cozies. And then to have a variety of patterns, I bought maybe 15 different prints. That makes nearly 90 coffee cozies. I hope they sell- oh I hope they sell! As soon as they are all done, I plan to post them on etsy and facebook (hopefully a lot of them will be up today!). Then, I will finish making each burpcloth that goes with the bib I've already made. I've already got several requests for bibs/burpcloths from friends seeing what I've posted on facebook. Then I have several sock monkeys that have been ordered, and I want to finish all of the rest I have on hand. I have also bought a pattern to learn to make purses and handbags. So that's my next big project. I'm working really hard on NOT buying new material and finding new projects, and just working on finishing what I already have!
- Josiah- Just said apple for the first time yesterday. He also makes me laugh when he tries to jump. I was just watching old videos of him, before he could walk or crawl. I think he's absolutely adorable! And I'm so proud of him!!!
- Pregnancy- I still feel completely normal. I have a bit of heartburn, but nothing too bad. Some smells turn my stomach like dirty diapers and when Jesse put Tabasco sauce on his biscuits and gravy, but it's not enough to make me nauseous. I also have tickles that feel EXACTLY like when I first felt Josiah moving around, but I know that's impossible at 5 weeks. I read one thing online that said this is caused by round ligament stretching, which seems weird to me, but at least there's an explanation other than me being 1-2 months further along than I think I am. My best friend Jolyn is 4 months pregnant and she's been having a lot of complications. Her blood pressure has been really high all along. She started passing out on Wednesday. She's had migraines and contractions and is going to have an EKG to test her heart after they've already tested her blood levels and pressure. I believe she's going to be okay, but I know how dangerous all of this can be. And I want them to find out what's wrong with her so that they can fix it.
- Hunger- I'm starving! So I'm going to go eat lunch right now. Yum! Yum!
Friday, March 11, 2011
A Piece of My Mind
I've got several things mulling over in my mind and thought I'd write a little (or a lot, we'll see...) about what's going on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How can people be so cruel? I'm so sorry that someone sent a letter like that to you. Your family doesn't deserve to be treated like that.
Post a Comment