After talking about Josiah's 18 month check up and my new pregnancy, there's not much new news to tell, but I did want to update those who care on one specific matter... and then we'll see if anything else comes to mind before I post.
The drama I mentioned in a previous post with a former friend of mine has worked itself out. I mentioned that I was praying through the whole thing about how to properly respond, but felt like things were spiraling downward. I spent that entire weekend crying as I HATED the drama and was becoming increasingly more frustrated and hurt through our back-and-forth emails. Well, in the end, I told the girl that it was pointless to continue going back and forth and I realized how we were both responding to the situations as we saw them at the time. I don't know that I can ever be best friends with this person again, but I certainly don't want to be enemies, and just needed time to figure out what it means to be their friend again. She understood and said she'd give me time, and to let her know when I was ready.
A few days later, we all went out to dinner for a few of our friends' birthdays. She and I sat next to each other with another friend between us, so there wasn't much conversation, but the little we had was polite and not all that awkward. I added her back as my friend on facebook, as baby steps towards a friendly relationship. And today when I saw her at church, we actually spent about 10-15 minutes catching up on latest happenings, which not only wasn't awkward, but felt like old times. Part of me still wants to hold back and not get too close because I know how hurt I was, but having forgiven her makes it hard to be guarded because I don't have any grudge or ill-feelings. I suppose I just need to balance both feelings. I have many other friends who aren't my BEST friends but are close. They are the ones that I'd gladly go out to dinner with, talk for hours with, and celebrate occasions together, but don't necessarily call every week or hang out on a regular basis. I think I can have that relationship with her. It's just a difficult process to go from best friends to nothing to friendly again. In short, I'm happy with the progress we made and thankful that God knew what He was doing even when it seemed like everything was falling apart.
I could probably come up with SOMETHING else to talk about, but it's midnight, so I'm not even going to try... :-)
Goodnight all! Hoping you have a drama free week as well!
1 comment:
I LONG for a drama-free week.
So glad you and her are friends again.
I wanted to add that you can forgive but just be careful with your heart again (in other words, don't just forget and go flying in being completely vulnerable again)
Post a Comment