Tuesday, April 5, 2011

9 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 9 Weeks
Size of baby: a grape, or nearly 1 inch
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Still haven't gained weight. I vary between 2-5 lbs lost
Maternity Clothes: I got my first pair of maternity jeans (2 pairs) yesterday because all of my old maternity clothes are summer clothes and I needed some long pants. I'm very excited to get dressed today like a normal person and feel comfortable!
Gender: We won't know until June
Movement: Nothing yet.
Sleep: Sleep is still the same. I sleep better on one side particularly. The other sometimes makes me feel sick to my stomach, and sleeping on my stomach makes me feel sick too. Otherwise, I have the same issues as always- Josiah waking in the middle of the night, being hot/cold, having to pee, waking up after dreams (which are much more vivid lately)
What I miss: Not wondering if I'm going to throw up at some point today.
Cravings: Nothing this past week. I eat whatever I can tolerate at that exact moment. My family went out to eat and I was looking forward to having a salad and maybe a slice of pizza. When we got there, breadsticks sounded good too. But when the food arrived at our table, I couldn't even stand the idea of the breadsticks or the pizza and only ate my salad. Jesse laughed at me and said, "You are SO pregnant!"
Symptoms: I've felt a little more sick to my stomach lately. It's not quite nausea and usually doesn't make me throw up, except for yesterday when I got sick for the first time. Otherwise, it comes on really quickly but just makes me gag.
Best Moment this week: I had an ultrasound at a little clinic to make sure that the baby was growing healthy and that there was indeed only one baby. We couldn't see much but the little outline of the baby and that strong heartbeat pumping away.

No comments: