Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 19 Weeks, 1 Day
Size of baby: a large heirloom tomato, or about 6 inches long
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I thought I had gained a few pounds inching my way back to my pre-pregnancy weight (according to my scale at home), but this morning showed me staying the same. I guess we'll see for sure next Tuesday. Either way, I don't think I've lost or gained much. Total at this point = -4lbs
Maternity Clothes: All that I wear for pants, except for a few pairs of yoga pants here and there. I'll wear any shirts, but maternity shirts seem to show it off just a little bit more.
Gender: 6 DAYS!!! I've been really wanting a girl from the time I started considering baby #2, but up until recently I really felt like I'd be completely happy with another boy... just MORE happy with a girl. And then yesterday it hit me, and I started to feel disappointed with the idea of a 2nd boy. I think, though, of how many people still struggle to get pregnant and how selfish that sounds to say that I'd be less than thrilled because my baby isn't what I hoped for. I also know that even though we thought Josiah was a girl, as soon as the tech said "boy", it felt so perfect and right, and I couldn't imagine anything otherwise. God purposed this baby for us at this time. So, I've been praying that God changes my heart to be excited about what He's doing either way. It's less than a day in the making, so it's not there yet, but I believe by next Tuesday I'll feel a peace JOY either way.
Movement: I have been feeling the baby move a tiny bit, but it's so faint and so far in between that I barely notice it. I really have been wondering if I have an anterior placenta (where it's in front of the baby) causing me to not feel much. Either that, or this baby just isn't as rambunctious as Josiah. I'm interested to see what the ultrasound shows.
Sleep: I sleep okay. I miss sleeping on my stomach lately. I did so well for months, but now I'd love to turn over and just lay flat! My right side gives me heartburn and my left side makes me burp instantly. And although my back feels the best, I'm trying to avoid it, knowing that it puts a lot of pressure on the baby. So, I'm able to get through most nights, but do toss and turn a lot and wake up achy!
What I miss: Not throwing up every morning and enjoying sleep (especially on my stomach)
Cravings: Fruit, for sure, and spicy foods, especially the spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's.
Symptoms:The sickness is the same. I'll ask my dr on Tuesday what he thinks of it. My last OB let me go my whole pregnancy just dealing with it, which I could do again. But I know there are medications that could make it better. It just depends on how helpful he wants to be or how important he sees the situation. I haven't felt faint anymore. I know what I was doing to bring it on and I've been trying to make sure I take care of myself, but I will bring it up to my dr to make sure everything is ok.
Best Moment this week: Getting a week away from knowing the baby's gender, and noticing my growing belly, especially this morning when Jesse commented on it.
Josiah...
Josiah turned 21 months old on May 22nd. He is a big ol' ball of fun right now- and a total handful! His vocabulary is slowly growing. His most recent new words are "stuck!" that he yells when he wants out of his highchair or gets himself stuck in some weird place, and "Daisy" that he yells when they introduce the characters on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He may be saying others too, but that's the clearest. He does say Mickey Mouse too, but it sounds like "Mah Mow". He LOVES Mickey Mouse for sure, and that is definitely the theme for his 2nd birthday party! I do find that he understands so much more than I give him credit for sometimes. The other day he was putting my t-shirt into his highchair while playing, but I didn't want him to get it dirty and took it away. I realized that he had a tiny Mickey Mouse toy and was laying it down and using the shirt as a blanket, patting Mickey and saying "night night". I didn't want to ruin what he was doing, so I suggested he pick up a napkin off of the floor and use that instead. He understood me and did it without hesitation or complaint. I was surprised that he understood the words I used (since they were longer, full sentences, like you'd say to an adult, rather than short choppy phrases) and that he got it on the first try. I wonder if I "dumb" things down too much for him and should give him more complex instructions more often.
He is officially in his toddler bed, but it's still a fight most nights to keep him there. Since birth, Josiah has slept in his own bed in his room, but if he wakes crying in the middle of the night, I don't mind bringing him in to bed with me. In fact, I prefer it over staying up and trying to get him back to sleep. Often he'll fall asleep instantly in our bed. When he started climbing out of his crib, we tried the playpen, but he could climb out of that too. There wasn't really any safe alternative or good method to get him to sleep in his room. He was displaying signs of being legitimately afraid, which we thought was of the dark. When we got a night light, it seemed that he was more afraid of being alone. So, we let him sleep in our bed until his toddler bed actually arrived. Once we got it set up, we tried laying him in it and walking away and shutting the door as we used to, but I think it was a big shock as we had been sleeping with him for weeks. So, we tried to either hold him in our arms in the living room and then carry him to bed once he fell asleep, or to sit next to his bed until he fell asleep. Both had many flaws! After so much time, I figured he needed more of a push to stay in bed without us, so I laid him in bed and walked away, but sat in the dining room where I could see him and he could see me (but where I wasn't in his room). He got up a good 12 times or so and tried sneaking out of his room, but I'd stand up, hold his hand, and walk him back to bed, telling him that it's night night time and he needed to go to sleep. He finally fell asleep and slept through the entire night. After this, I stopped getting up and walking him back, but would just tell him to go lay back down when he'd get up. He'd cry and run back to his bed, but he was at least doing it. This time, he only got up twice and slept through the night. More often than not, he still just won't fall asleep and screams constantly or will get up in the middle of the night and still crawl into our bed. I don't mind the latter, but it's gone from 6:30am to 4:30am to 1:30am, which ends up equaling most of the night! So, it's a constant process...
He's still my cuddly boy. I love his hugs and kisses and how excitedly he showers affection on those around him. You can tell who he's the closest to by how excited he gets, but he loves people altogether. Jesse tells him that I'm home when I've been away, and Josiah climbs to the window and cheerfully shouts and bangs on the window until I come inside. Then he grabs me and all of my stuff and will even wrap himself around my leg, causing me to have a hard time walking. I love that he loves me! He's also still really good at playing by himself or with other kids. I appreciate the time I get to myself, even if it's frequently interrupted with him climbing in my lap or bringing me toys too.
He definitely has more of a will-power and isn't afraid to express it. He hates being told no and having something taken away (which I think I would too), and he falls to the floor and yells "NOOOO!" and cries. But he often gets over it just as quickly, which I appreciate very much!!! I expect fits at this age, and while I try to teach him to respond properly to the situation, I'm also thankful it's not worse than it is.
He's started showing a deep interest in art. Often, the place we're at is a playground to him- somewhere new to explore with a million things to get into. Toys don't suffice here. He wants to open drawers and cabinets and dig through things and grab candles and other "no no" things. But if you give the boy some paper and something to draw with, he completely changes tunes. He will sit happily for quite some time and draw very precisely. He holds his pen/crayon properly, without ever being taught, and it very particular about where on the paper he draws. And he gets MAD when it's taken away from him. I'm working on teaching him to stay seated and only draw on paper (for the sake of our furniture and walls), but he definitely has an affinity for it, which does this artistic momma proud! He's also so mechanically-minded, enjoying figuring out how things work. He wants to zip and unzip, latch and unlatch, open and close every door, drawer, basket, bag, and box he can get his hands on. He puts things into it and pulls them out and will repeat for some time. I'm curious to see how these abilities will translate into his childhood, teen, and adult years.
I won't know exact numbers until his 2 year check-up, but Josiah is HUGE! He hasn't slimmed down at all with the submersion into toddlerhood. Instead, he just keeps getting bigger and bigger. My guess is that he's 36-38 lbs (from our home scale) and I have no idea on height except that he's taller than the other kids his age around here. He wears 2T and 3T clothes and is moving into size 6 diapers. I keep trying to squeeze him into the 5's, but honestly they're getting too small. He also wears a size 6 shoe. I have trouble carrying him for any length of time, especially the more pregnant I get! But he takes after his daddy in this way.
That's about all I can think of. I'll be sharing next week when we find out the gender of our baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment