Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 24 Weeks, 6 Days
Size of baby: an average rutabega, or about 13.5 inches long from head to toe
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm up 1 lb from my pre-pregnancy weight.
Maternity Clothes: All that I wear for pants, except for a few pairs of yoga pants here and there. I'll wear any shirts, but maternity shirts seem to show it off just a little bit more.
Gender: A baby boy!!! Micah James!
Movement: I usually feel him move a bit everyday, most often at noon and midnight. It's noticeable through my belly when he kicks hard (which isn't often), and Jesse's FINALLY felt it twice. It's hard, though, because Jesse isn't very patient and my babies have a tendency to stop moving when someone else tries to feel them kick. No one else has felt it yet this pregnancy.
Sleep: Sleep is still difficult, but it has been for years and probably will be for the next few years. That's the life of a young mother :-) I haven't had as much trouble with whatever side I'm laying on, but my hips do get really sore. I also have been going to bed late and getting up early. So, I'm just tired!
What I miss: Probably just the sleep.
Cravings: I'm not craving much these days. I just get hungry and want to eat right then.
Symptoms: I've actually barely thrown up in the past week. I went 3 days without getting sick. I threw up the next day, went 5 more days without getting sick, threw up once more, and haven't gotten sick since (now about 8-9 days or so). I still feel like it some days, but feel like it's more controllable.
Best Moment this week: My dr's appointment.
Dr's Appointment:
I went for my 24 week appointment last Tuesday. Apart from taking Josiah with me (which was EXTREMELY difficult), my appointment went pretty well.

- I talked to the business office and found that I only owe $157 for my entire pregnancy because of our insurance coverage and the assistance we receive.
- I was up 1 lb from my pre-pregnancy weight. If you count the weight I lost at first, I'm up about 6 lbs total. Not bad for 24 weeks. They never say anything good or bad about it, but I know that being overweight initially means I shouldn't gain much.
- My blood pressure was fairly good.
- Peeing in a cup was hard with a 2 year old who is able to open the doors by himself, but I did it, and it was fine.
- Micah's heartbeat was strong and steady at 145-150 bpm.
- My dr. didn't measure my belly with the measuring tape, but felt and said my uterus is where it should be and I'm growing at the right rate.
- We discussed scheduling my c-section. The schedule isn't out for November yet, but by the 1st of Sept. I should be able to schedule the date. It also will be no earlier than 1 week before my due date, and should be Nov. 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.
- My next appt. I have to do the gestational diabetes test. So I picked up my "yummy" orange juice for next time.
- I'll be back in 4 weeks for my 28 week appt (and diabetes test), and then I go to every 2 weeks. At 32 week, I'll have another ultrasound due to my history of high blood pressure.
In other news, my first baby boy will be 2 in less than a month! We are doing a Mickey Mouse party. There's no way I could do anything else with as much as he loves the Mouse. I am working on renting a shelter at the park, but if everything goes according to plan, I will have his party on Aug 27th. I'll post pics soon of the details and ideas.
And here's a picture of me from yesterday:

1 comment:
You go girl, three kids and pregnant you are superwoman! Can't wait to see pics of the new place!
Post a Comment