I used Microsoft Word to design the whole thing. That's simply what's on my computer and the program I know how to use. I use a rectangle that's 7"x5.25". The first third of it is 2.13"x5.25". The second third is 2.38"x5.25". And the last third is 2.5"x5.25". The top one can have a design on it that coordinates with the rest of it or is blank, but it'll be covered up for the most part. So, it doesn't need to have too much. The middle section will be the front of your candy bar. It's where you're most likely to put something like "Happy Birthday" or "Mandy's Baby Shower", etc. And then the bottom section is where all of the information regarding your party, "ingredients", and "nutritional information" is. I use text boxes and word art to design all of the fonts and written information. I copy images from Google or from my own computer. And I use the shape features in the drawing toolbar to change colors and create borders.
In short, after everything is designed online and printed from my inkjet printer, I buy a box of bulk Hershey's candy bars:

The wrappers are plastic, not the paper and foil ones you get in the store. I leave them as is and then use a roll of white wrapping paper from the $1 store and cover it just like a present. Once they are wrapped in solid white, I cut out the wrapper that I designed on my computer, fold it in a tri-fold around the candy bar and tape it shut.
So, enough talk. More pictures!!!
Here are the candy bar wrappers I designed for the Justin Bieber party. (They aren't print quality since they are copied and pasted as images from Microsoft Word into Paint. If there's a better way, I need to learn it, but this is just so I can post them as pictures for others to see. They print out perfectly crisp and clean looking.) I emailed them to the mom, since she is long-distance from me, and she can print them out and follow the step-by-step directions I just gave to make her own favors:
I may make a few other things for her party before next week, but I'm waiting to hear if she wants me to tweak the candy bars or make anything else. I'll post if I make anything else :-)




No comments:
Post a Comment