Sunday, February 5, 2012

Micah at 3 Months Old

On February 2nd, you turned three months old.
   

Here is Josiah's 3 month picture for comparison's sake:
(You guys are starting to resemble each other more and more. Not necessarily in this picture, but in others, I see how similar you look to your brother. His eyes were wider and ears were bigger, and I think he may have been a little taller and thinner. But you have a similar smile, nose, chubby cheeks, and double chin!)

 YOU...
-have not been to the doctor in the last month. You did have a cold, but have not been sick enough to see the pediatrician. Your 4 month check-up is scheduled for March. So, right now, I have no idea how tall you are or how much you weigh. My guess is around 15lbs, based on the size clothes and diapers you wear.
 
-are getting so chubby! In addition to your double chin and chubby cheeks (mentioned above), you have rolls all over your body. Chunky little hands and thighs. I could just eat you up!

-have pretty much outgrown 0-3 month clothes, although we cram you into them every now and then. You are mostly in 3-6 month clothes and have moved up to size 2 diapers. There were 2 packages of size 1's that we never got to even open. I sometimes worry that you won't be in size 2's very long either!

-are now eating 6 ounces of milk at a time. You eat every 3 hours, but sometimes you're hungry after just 2! I stopped breastfeeding you directly because you seemed to gulp down the milk too fast and just end up spitting everything up. I pump 2-4 times a day so you still get breast milk and the rest of the time you eat formula. I like not being consumed with pumping and yet still giving you the antibodies while you are so young and it's still cold/flu season. I also like the convenience of giving you formula when you're frantically hungry or when we're out and about. You don't care either way and it helps me to not be stressed out. 

- are so incredibly smiley! You smile at EVERYONE and I soak it up when they gush over you! I still think you are calmer than Josiah ever was, but you are a super happy baby, just like he was.
You even smile at yourself!

-rolled over for the first time (Jan 14th). I know it had to happen when I wasn't looking the first time. I set you down on your tummy time mat and went into the bedroom to pick out some clothes. I came back within 10 minutes and you had moved from your tummy to your back and flipped the complete opposite direction!
  
Two days later, Daddy was watching you while I was doing crafts at Nana's house. He caught you rolling over and video taped it for me. 

-are sleeping more often during the night. Sometimes the hour you fall asleep or wake up or the amount of hours you sleep varies. But, on average, I'd say you sleep about 5 hours a night. It's still rough on Momma when you fall asleep at 1am and then she has to get up at 5:30am to take daddy to work, even if you still sleep. We're also trying really hard to get you used to sleeping in the bassinet. We've defaulted to the carseat because it's easy to move you from room to room. But I know that it'd be better for you to be in the bassinet. So, we have been putting you in once you finally fall asleep. You've been better about staying asleep when laid down, but have woken up more often in the middle of the night. 
(Laying on the floor during tummy time)

-when it comes to naps during the day, I struggle. I have the perfect method of holding you that can put you to sleep within seconds. And I have a way of telling that you are tired and knowing when to implement this method. No one else can do it quite the same as momma- even daddy! However, as soon as I put you down, you usually wake up. I can never get anything done like this! 
(When daddy holds you, you tend to bury your face in his arm/chest. It makes him nervous that you can't breathe like that!)
(Perfectly content in mommy's arms)

- did get another cold, as I mentioned at the beginning. It's just that time of year! And with 3 young kids in the house (including Jaydon and Zoe), you get exposed to a lot. It was mild, though, with just a stuffy nose at night. It did wake you up at times or make it difficult for you to drink from your bottle. You're a trooper, though, and weren't fussy or difficult at all.
 

- are trying to sit up more and pull yourself up with help. You don't seem to want to be reclined, the way the swing and carseat are. I catch you doing crunches, trying to sit up more. And in my arms, you seem to prefer sitting up. If I hold you on my lap, facing me, and grab onto your hands with my fingers, you'll pull yourself up to a sitting position too. 

- are now ticklish! If I squeeze your thighs or tickle your chest, you start to scrunch up and get "twitchy". The more I tickle you, the more difficult it is for you to hold it in and then you burst into giggles. It's adorable!

- LOVE your momma! (And she loves you!) I joke that you get "twitchy" when you see me. If you notice me walk by, you start kicking more and move around a bit. And, if I look at you and smile, you grin from ear to ear! I love that about you!
 
(Smiling at momma)

- have discovered your hands and put them in your mouth any time you don't have something else in your mouth! 

I think 3 months old (and all of the way up to about 9 months) is my absolute favorite age! I love seeing all of the things you will learn for the first time and look forward to when you can play a little more independently and yet not crawl or run away just yet. I'm so excited to be reaching this age with you and am enjoying you more and more each day!

4 comments:

Jesse said...

He is such a little cutie! : )

Glen and Andrea said...

Great post! Love Jesse's video! Micah looks so much like your brother to me.

Glen and Andrea said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I just looked at the comments on the post about your brother - lots of interested ladies!! Sounds like he's going to be busy in the next wee while :-)

Brittney said...

What SWEET photos and updates! I always love seeing these.

I can totally see the resemblance to Josiah too! How fun:) They are both SUCH CUTIE-PIES!!