Monday, January 25, 2010

Fun Facts

I got this award from Brittney. Thanks a lot! I love reading your blog and am so excited for you to have your baby boy!


The rules are simple - just give 7 fun facts about you and then nominate 7 people for the beautiful blogger award.


Fun Facts:
1) I am addicted to Mountain Dew! Well, of course, I wouldn't really use the word addicted. I could quit whenever I want (isn't that what all addicts say?), but why would I want to? I enjoy it. At one point, they were having a promotional deal where you would enter in the code from your bottle cap and earn points. Then you could refund your points for Mountain Dew gear. I got a sweatshirt and a duffel bag. This fun fact is something that people who see me on a regular basis know me by. Everyone knows I always have a soda in my hand. However, having said that, one bottle can last me all day. So it's not that I really drink so much, but that I sip on the same one all day. See? I'm not addicted!


2) I have really tiny hands and they're "quirky"- something I'm teased about quite often. When I say "tiny", I mean that most 2nd graders have hands slightly bigger than mine. When I say "quirky", I mean that I have thumbs like Megan Fox:

 


You also can't see my pinky knuckle when my hand is in a fist; it actually is indented. 



And, because of that (I suppose) I can bend my pinky back ridiculously far, but that's hard to take a picture of.


Also, my pinky sticks out really far from my other fingers. (I don't know if that is related to the knuckle thing)



I can't do the "live long and prosper" sign from Star Trek, probably due to this anomaly. In fact, if I want my ring finger and pinky to touch, I have to bend all of my fingers. 


That's probably enough about my freaky hands, though.


3) I have my bachelor's degree in psychology and graduated "cum laude". I was only a point off from graduating "magna cum laude", but by my last semester of college I had just gotten married, was trying to have a baby, and was SO OVER school after 18 consecutive years. I also am not using my degree in any specific way and I'm not sure if I ever will. But I have no doubt in my mind that I was where I was supposed to be. God will (and has already) use the things I learned in school for the places He is going to take me. The experiences I gained and the things I learned about people and the ways they work are aspects I will use throughout my whole life. I also highly value my intelligence. I've worked hard in my life and try to be well educated. I like being "the smart one" out of my friends. I'm not the funny one or the pretty one or the popular one, but at least I know what I'm talking about most of the time. 


4) Things I'd like to do before I die include going to Fiji, skydiving, going on a cruise, and visit each one of the 50 states. 


5) My two biggest fears are: someone hiding in the backseat of my car and attacking me (more morbidly, by slitting my throat) and (much less seriously, but equally as frightening to me) overflowing the toilet at someone else's house or a public place. 


6) I can't whistle. Some people say that it is not hereditary and can be learned, but my dad could never whistle and neither can I. I've tried for over 20 years, though, and I REALLY cannot whistle!


7) I have a very large family. I have 43 people that are blood-related to me on my mom's side, from my grandparents, aunts uncles, cousins, and their kids. If you count those who are related to me by marriage but not by blood, I have 19 more. On my dad's side, I have 9 blood relatives and 4 related by marriage. That brings a grand total of 75 people. All of that is without even going into Jesse's side of the family. 


My 7 Beautiful Bloggers:
1- Jill
2- Jen
5- Rachel
6- Shanny
7- Steph


Have Fun!

2 comments:

Marcia (123 blog) said...

That was sooo interesting. I also like that you're the smart one :)

And yes, freaky fingers :) you should tag people to show their fingers in a blog post. I'm weird like that so would love to see other people's hands :)

Who's Megan Fox? I think D has thumbs like her too LOL

Shannon said...

Loved learning more about you :)