God is answering prayers!
Most of the week Jesse spent trying to defend his stance on not going to church, truly believing (or at least trying to convince himself) that it didn't make a difference in his life. I was so disheartened. Whenever we tried to talk about it, he couldn't understand at all why it was such a big deal for him to not go, denying any impact it could have on any other area of his life. It scared me.
On Friday I simply asked him if he would be willing to go to this new church with me just so he could have a slightly more educated decision to not attend church (not a decision based on the only church he's ever attended). He nicely agreed.
Then, last night we were talking about other things in his life. He said that he's realized when he decides something needs to be changed in his life, he tends to try to change EVERYTHING all at once. When he can't succeed, he gives up and starts right back where he began. He said, "Right now, I need to get involved in a church where I can grow spiritually, and then I'll deal with the other issues later." I said, "So wait, if we go tomorrow and you don't like this church, you're still willing to try other churches too?" He said, "Yeah. I know how important it is."
He asked about my cousins who have been trying some different churches lately, and I mentioned that they have lately enjoyed a church pastored by a former, local college quarterback. He seemed really interested in that one and said he'd like to check it out. I'm not sure that that church would allow me to also attend mine, but I'm excited to see him interested in church.
I've gotta finish getting dressed, but I wanted to thank the few people who commented last time and offered their love and support. I also thank anyone who did pray even if they didn't tell me they were. Everything isn't all better yet, but God is answering prayers!
2 comments:
I can only imagine how difficult this must have been for both of you, but in the end I'm glad he is willing to go to different churches and with God's help I'm sure you will both find that perfect one. Hugs!
SO excited about the progress :)
Keep on trusting God!
Post a Comment