#12: What I believe...
What a loaded question! I suppose the core of my belief, and the only way I know how to start answering this question, is to begin with what I believe about God. I believe He is Lord and Savior, Creator of the world, and that everything the Bible says about Him is true. The vastness of God is so great that anything I say about Him is still lacking, but this is my feeble attempt. I believe He's perfect, without fault, and that when humankind sinned and was, therefore, separated from God, He sent His Son, Jesus, to reconcile us back to Himself. Jesus died on the cross for our sins, and when we accept Him into our lives as our God, we are saved from eternal death, and receive eternal life in Heaven instead.
I believe the Bible is God's word, spoken to people throughout history, and is applicable to those people at that time, as well as us today, and to those in the future. I don't think it's too far beyond comprehension to believe that the Bible could still be being written today in our lives, but that's kinda too deep to get into now. I think that the errors people find within the Bible are due to our own misunderstandings and not due to the fallibility of God's word.
God calls us to live a life that honors Him, and while being perfect may be unattainable, striving to honor Him is an easy response to the love He pours out on us. There's so much I could say about the Trinity, the ways God speaks to us today, what I believe that honorable life is, and so much more, but I'm not going to get into it now. There are not enough pages or hours to sit back and try to put it all in words. And, I think that it still wouldn't accurately convey my beliefs.
My beliefs in God, though, shape my beliefs about everything else, including what kind of man I married, the way I raise my son, the choices I make when I vote, the friends I keep close, the hobbies I partake in, and everything else that makes up my life.
That barely begins to scratch the surface, but in a nutshell it is what I believe.
I believe the Bible is God's word, spoken to people throughout history, and is applicable to those people at that time, as well as us today, and to those in the future. I don't think it's too far beyond comprehension to believe that the Bible could still be being written today in our lives, but that's kinda too deep to get into now. I think that the errors people find within the Bible are due to our own misunderstandings and not due to the fallibility of God's word.
God calls us to live a life that honors Him, and while being perfect may be unattainable, striving to honor Him is an easy response to the love He pours out on us. There's so much I could say about the Trinity, the ways God speaks to us today, what I believe that honorable life is, and so much more, but I'm not going to get into it now. There are not enough pages or hours to sit back and try to put it all in words. And, I think that it still wouldn't accurately convey my beliefs.
My beliefs in God, though, shape my beliefs about everything else, including what kind of man I married, the way I raise my son, the choices I make when I vote, the friends I keep close, the hobbies I partake in, and everything else that makes up my life.
That barely begins to scratch the surface, but in a nutshell it is what I believe.
No comments:
Post a Comment