I don't know if anyone still reads my blog anymore. Hello??!?!? Anyone out there????
Oh, well. I'll write it for me, if not anyone else...
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 11 Weeks
Size of baby: a fig, or just over an inch and half
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Still haven't gained weight. I vary between 2-5 lbs lost
Maternity Clothes: Wearing them all of the time- or yoga pants- anything comfortable
Gender: We won't know until June
Movement: Nothing yet. I think I feel things, and I might be, but nothing I can be certain about.
Sleep: Sleep is still the same. I sleep better on one side particularly. The other sometimes makes me feel sick to my stomach, and sleeping on my stomach makes me feel sick too. Otherwise, I have the same issues as always- Josiah waking in the middle of the night, being hot/cold, having to pee, waking up after dreams (which are much more vivid lately)
What I miss: Not wondering if I'm going to throw up at some point today and enjoying my food.
Cravings: Nothing right now. I just eat whatever sounds good at that exact moment.
Symptoms: I got really sick this week with a cold and the coughing definitely made throwing up worse. I broke down crying several days in a row, exhausted at the thought of going through this for 30 more weeks. My mom reminded me to give it to God each day, recognizing that, for whatever reason, morning sickness is a part of pregnancy. And to focus on the gift of life I have rather than the temporary sickness. Since I have changed my attitude, I've still thrown up but have not been getting so down about it. Each morning, I just say, "Ok, God. Here we go again. Help me through this."
Best Moment this week: I finally had my first pre-OB appointment. I just met with the nurse, but I went over all of our medical history information, get blood drawn, have a pee-test done, and go over the do's and don'ts of pregnancy. It wasn't anything huge, but I was happy to get the ball rolling and enjoyed talking with the nurse. I go back again and hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time in 2 weeks!
1 comment:
I'm here and I read! I love hearing all your updates. I'm sorry to hear you've been sick and struggling with morning sickness - those are no fun:( I hope you feel better very soon..Can't wait to hear about your ultrasound!!
Post a Comment