Wednesday, April 27, 2011

12 Weeks and an Update on Josiah

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 12 Weeks, 1 Day
Size of baby: a lime, or just over 2 inches
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Still haven't gained weight. I'm down about 2 lbs and holding
Maternity Clothes: I can still wear all of my regular shirts, and will probably do so most of my pregnancy, but I only wear maternity pants.
Gender: We won't know until June
Movement: I feel spasms and twitches all of the time, but I don't know if it's baby or something else.
Sleep: I've been sleeping a little better, but spend most of the weekend on the couch because I sleep better there since I can sit up and be supported on more sides.
What I miss: Not throwing up every morning and enjoying sleep
Cravings: Nothing right now. I just eat whatever sounds good at that exact moment.
Symptoms: I haven't been as nauseous during the day, but throw up every morning, just like I did with Josiah. Other symptoms, like incontinence, fatigue, lack of sleep, breast tenderness, etc. are all fairly mild.
Best Moment this week: I was told for the first time that I am started to look pregnant. I measured myself and realized that I've gained 4 inches in my waistline! Here's a pic: 

Josiah is 20 months old now and getting bigger day by day! As I type this, he is climbing up and down the ottoman with a blanket wrapped around his head and playing peek-a-boo. He is into everything and keeps me super busy, but he is so much fun too! My favorite thing he just started doing is saying "I love you", but it sounds kinda like "loo-loo". He waves bye at everyone, even in the drive through or check out stand. He hides his face with his hands when he's being shy and he is one of the happiest kids I know. He isn't showing any signs of potty training yet, but I want to introduce the potty to him soon because I don't want to worry about beginning it with a newborn. I'm learning that his love language is definitely physical affection. He loves cuddling and hugs and kisses. He loves his momma more than anything, but I don't blame him as I'm pretty awesome! He is learning lots of animals and their sounds. He loves his stuffed animals, especially Mickey Mouse, and any balls too. His 2nd birthday party will probably be a Mickey Mouse theme since that's his favorite thing ever. He sleeps about 7-8 hours a night, and then another 3 after we drop off Jesse at work and Jaydon and Zoe at school. Then he naps another 2-3 hours each evening. He eats everything we eat. He's wearing size 5 diapers and 2T-3T clothes. I don't know how tall he is, but he weighs about 35 lbs! He's just solid like his daddy!!! We had to turn his car seat forward finally because he outgrew the weight limit for rear-facing, even though I have one of the largest weight limits on the market. He's liking being forward, though, because he can see me in the rearview mirror and can see more out the windows. Everything else is subtle changes, like understanding more directions and pretending more when he plays. He brings me so much joy, though, and I adore him!!!

The following pictures are Easter Day:




This is him hiding his eyes being shy:

And playing peek-a-boo with his pizza:

And these are some of our everyday events:
 


No comments: