Wednesday, May 4, 2011

13 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 13 Weeks, 1 Day
Size of baby: a medium shrimp, or almost 3 inches long
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Down 6 lbs from pre-pregnancy weight and up 4 inches in my waistline
Maternity Clothes: I can still wear all of my regular shirts, and will probably do so most of my pregnancy, but I only wear maternity pants.
Gender: We won't know until the last week of June or first week of July
Movement: I feel spasms and twitches all of the time, but I don't know if it's baby or something else.
Sleep: I've been sleeping a little better, but spend most of the weekend on the couch because I sleep better there since I can sit up and be supported on more sides.
What I miss: Not throwing up every morning and enjoying sleep
Cravings: Nothing right now. I just eat whatever sounds good at that exact moment.
Symptoms: I haven't been as nauseous during the day, but throw up every morning, just like I did with Josiah. Other symptoms, like incontinence, fatigue, lack of sleep, breast tenderness, etc. are all fairly mild. I also got a UTI this past weekend, which was pretty sucky, but am on antibiotics for it.
Best Moment this week: I had my first OB appointment and got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. I love my new dr, and am so glad I switched. I had a pelvic exam and my uterus and cervix look/feel like they are supposed to. I decided to officially have a repeat c-section after weighing the options with my dr. And we planned my next appointment for June 2nd, I believe.

We agreed on our top boy and girl names for this baby. A boy will be Judah Michael, and a girl will be Melia Raelynn. I have 3 back-up names for each too. I'm so relieved to have a decision made now! 

And Josiah started saying "baby" tonight and pointing to my belly. I know he doesn't quite understand, but it's adorable!!! He also said "No, no. Don't touch," today. Guess I've said that a few times! The other new development this week is Josiah has started climbing out of his crib. I tried putting him in his playpen, but he can climb out of that too. He seems scared of his room, but napped well during the day today. Not sure if I need a night light or a crib tent or a toddler bed or what. Trying to figure it out because I'm losing a lot of sleep each night.

No comments: