Saturday, May 7, 2011

Baby Shower: School Teacher Theme

Remember the John Deere shower? Well, my friend Rose, who I helped plan the party for her sister with, was also pregnant and due with her baby in July. Being a school teacher, I helped 2 of her sisters put together a school themed co-ed shower for Rose and her husband. I designed these invitations, which were mounted front and back on scrapbooking paper, like a postcard:

As a guestbook, we used a regular school composition book, which I decorated using stickers and pictures of the couple and their families:

We played a few games. One of which was to guess how many erasers were in the baby bottle. I made the chalkboard out of these pre-made boards from Michael's that I painted and used stick-on chalkboard paper and stickers to decorate.
 

We also played the game where you don't say the word "baby", but to put a teacher twist on it, we handed out pencils. The guests held onto their pencils unless they were caught saying the forbidden word, and the person with the most pencils won. I found this pre-made pencil box with chalkboard top at Michael's and decorated it with stickers and flashcards:
 

The next 2 games were Pop Quizzes that I created with Rose's sisters. One was a history quiz about Rose & Chris' relationship, and one was a math quiz regarding the costs of having a baby.

I made a banner from paper apples and bulletin board letters to say "Welcome Alex"

The favors ("Extra Credit") were made with little paper sacks (like a lunch bag), tied with "Thank You" ribbon, a charm, and contained M&M's inside.

The food was all school-themed as well, and I made a menu board just like the eraser guessing game:

Rose's sister made the petite fours:

I made chocolate covered pretzels to look like crayons:

The tables were simple, decorated in red and white tablecloths with book centerpieces.
  

"Show & Tell" was where the presents were placed:
  

We handed out award certificates, ribbons, and gift cards for each of the game prizes:

The shower was so fun to put together and suited the couple of honor perfectly! 

No comments: